This week I chat with Jake Cohen from Klaviyo about fascinating trends he's seeing around email marketing as well as cover headlines from the world of eCommerce and business. Enjoy!
In the News
- Reporting sustained volume near Black Friday/Cyber Monday levels
- Stock has gone from $340 to $600+ in a matter of weeks
(Membership required to access. Not a member? Apply to join our vibrant community of 7-figure store owners today.)
- April 15th, 16th represented the best day EVER for a number of merchants in our Community
- Some cuts are very deep, like from 8% to 3% in the furniture category
- Rate cuts went into effect April 21st
Amazon Reportedly Leveraging Seller Data to Launch Competing Products (Hat Tip to Mike Ketcham)
- “We knew we shouldn’t….but…we are making Amazon branded products, and we want them to sell.”
- The Google Shopping tab results “will consist primarily of free product listings”
- Likely still need to pay for ads to get premier placement in Shopping
- Fresh batch of $310 billion in funding for the PPP program that had run dry
- Also includes $75 billion for hospitals and $25 billion for COVID-19 testing
- Some employees are asking to be laid off as UI benefits are more lucrative than wages
- New UI benefits add an additional $600 per week to previous benefit levels
Looking for Capital and/or Mentorship?
If you're interested in long-term funding from a team that also has the skills, eCommerce rolodex and battle-tested knowledge to help you grow, you need to check out eCommerceFuel Capital.