Paying your taxes isn’t what any entrepreneur dreams of when starting a business.
- You don’t think about the spreadsheets and the constant state updates.
- You don’t think about how to charge sales tax, when, where, why and on which products.
That’s because taxes are just the cost of doing business.
Sadly, doing them incorrectly (and definitely not doing them at all) can cost you your business.
So, to make sure you are zipped up on everything you need to know to pay the right amount, charge the right amount and do it all in accordance with state and national laws, we’ve put together a comprehensive resource you can bookmark for future reference.
What’s in the Ecommerce Tax Guide:
- The basics of sales tax, including when you need to collect based on state laws.
- How to register for a sales tax permit (and what could happen if you don’t).
- The difference between origin and destination-based sales tax sourcing.
- The true definition of sales tax nexus, and what it means for your business.
- How to file regularly and on-time, without taking focus from growing your sales.
- How Amazon FBA sellers need to file sales tax.
- Where Amazon has fulfillment centers (and what that means for sellers).
- How to collect sales tax on Amazon and set up product tax codes on FBA.
- How to report sales tax collected from Amazon.
- What the defines a resale certificate.
- How to properly use a resale certificate.
- How to accept a resale certificate from a buyer.
- When to charge sales tax on shipping.
- What exemptions there are for sale tax on shipping.