Our family business is in the Wholesale B2B market – selling to restaurants. Products range from ingredients, meats, take-out packaging, and even kitchen tools and equipment. We're looking to add an E-commerce line of business which at first would be pick-ups or delivery via our own trucks, and going forward would look at channel based growth or boxed shipments across Canada.
The E-Commerce Manager would have three key phases to their job:
- Website Creation – Planning, Design & Execution
- Customer Service & Fulfilment
- Marketing & Growth
Subordinates would include: Digital Marketer, Web Developer, Graphic Designer, CSR, and a Fulfilment Team – all full time.
Platform – Shopify Plus plugged into our SAP B1 ERP.
- This role is in Toronto, Ontario – what kind of salary should we expect for such a role?
- Should this person be more technical or more business focused?
- What technical skills are a must?
- What questions should I ask in the interviews?
- Anything to look out for or guiding stars are appreciated!