Hey Reddit – We need help selling our product: performance fabric dress shirts
[Sparknotes Version of Our Story]
– We made an amazing product: https://summerfridayclothing.com/collections/solid-white
– We went above and beyond to make the product with high-quality products (COGS: $45/shirt. This is nearly double the industry standard… we didn't cut corners, worked with top factories who treat their employees well, used top quality materials)
– We made 2,000 shirts. Sold 1,000 with amazing reviews/ feedback.
– COVID hits, we can't sell a single shirt online.
– We have 1,000 shirts in inventory. This inventory is preventing us from growing. We need to liquidate it. So we've priced it at our breakeven cost of $45/shirt. It's still not selling… so I'm here for some help to figure out what we're doing wrong + what we should be doing better.
[Dress Shirt Economics] COGS $45/shirt. MSRP: $125. Wholesale price for retailers: $65
[What makes our product different] Athletic fabric. Soft, stretchy, comfortable dress shirts.
[What we need help with] How to sell these 1,000 shirts as quickly as possible.
Really appreciate any/all feedback and guidance. Thanks!!!