I noticed some people struggling with website speed issues and thought I'd share some tips. Your aim for website speed should be under 3 seconds, as half of visitors are lost on page load alone. Amazon invests heavily in website optimization for speed. Your eCommerce business should too.
These are some revenue-boosting ideas you can share with your web developer or IT team:
- Use Astra WordPress theme (lightweight and free)
- Compress images (use online tools like TinyPNG or TinyJPG)
- Optimize server (clean the MySQL database, contact web host for help)
- Minify code (CSS and HTML)
- Follow Google PageSpeed’s list of suggestions
- Don’t use embeds (link out instead)
- Don’t use plugins (they actually slow down the site!)
- Skip Google Analytics if you’re starting out, it slows the site down. The most important metric is sales!