I'm in the process of creating a tool for e-commerce business owners. Launching this month or early next month. Initially focused on e-commerce brands (e.g. selling through Shopify / WooCommerce / BigCommerce) as opposed to Amazon/eBay sellers.
I have a few questions, and if you could share your honest replies:
- How important is what's happening in the market right now in terms of new products/trends/competitors?
- If it is important, what do you use to track this?
- How do you plan for new product development (whether it's buying or making)? What is that lifecycle like?
- Do you plan long-term? E.g. thinking about how consumer behaviour is changing?
- What is your relationship with data like?