In order to win with Facebook ads in 2021, you need to make sure you are implementing these 5 critical strategies.
- Use Broad Audiences – The first thing you need to do is to make sure you are targeting broad audiences. The goal here is 50M+ people, not 500k.
- Leverage Auto-Placements – The next thing you need to do is use auto-placements so Facebook can choose where and when to show your ads. People try to get smart and miss placements, but this will cause you to miss low cost, high value placements. Instead of trying to outsmart Facebook, set your ads to auto-placements and watch the results come in.
- Bid for Conversions – Everyone talks about starting with link clicks, then optimizing for add to carts, etc. Let me save you some time…and money. If you're running an eCommerce store, you ONLY want to spend money to bid for conversions because Facebook is really good at getting you what you ask for. It's as simple as that, and my team has spent enough money to test this theory for you.
- Keep Your Creative Fresh – Once you start spending $500+ per day on ads, your ads are going to start wearing out. In order to fix this, you're going to need new, strong, fresh creative every 2 weeks or so. Make sure you are investing in creative and staying ahead of the curve.
- Don't Make Too Many Changes – This last one is really important. Every time you make a change, it takes Facebook time to re-optimize and catch up to where you were. With that in mind, you need to be making changes every couple of days or once per week. If, instead, you're putting new ads in every 1-2 days, then your campaign will never have time to get stable.
Let me know if you have any questions about these points or anything else related to ads.