Categories
Uncategorized

Our Teams Experience Managing $722,370.67 in Adspend (During iOS 14.5 issues)

We worked with this client from April to June 2021. Our efforts contributed to $2,518,047.94 in revenue.

Now this was one client alone in the jewelry niche with an AOV of $250

I'll be discussing how we've done this. However, with what I'm discussing these are things that you more than likely things are aware of.

What we did before running their ads:

Before anyone we work with, we always try to understand as much as possible their foundations. So we ask

  1. Where else are they getting sales?
  2. What's their conversion and bounce rate?
  3. How engaged are their customers are through social media?
  4. Do they have multiple touch points from other ad efforts + email and sms marketing?
  5. What audiences they've tested; which audiences worked and didn't work
  6. What creatives they used.
  7. How much data is in the pixel

It's important to note that your paid marketing efforts should always be enhancing your organic efforts. It's not to say you can't get sales from paid marketing without organic efforts, it's just that it's an increase in difficulty.

What was their goal

  • Their team sucked in maintaining results, our team took over to do that.

How we structured the Campaigns

  • This plays a role in simplifying your account structure. The whole idea on simplifying your account structure is to have 1 campaign per business objective
  • So if you're selling one product, you shouldn't have 6 cold / prospecting campaigns for that one product

Given that they have a ton of products this is how we setup the campaigns:

  • 1 TOF Campaign Per Collection
  • 1 MOF Campaign
  • 1 BOF Campaign
  • Special Promo Campaigns

How we maintained results in TOF campaigns:

We mostly focused on testing new audiences + creatives + offers.

  • Testing new audiences we'd put it with the winning creatives + offers
  • Testing new creatives, we'd put it with the winning audiences + offers
  • Testing new offers, we'd put it with the winning audiences + creatives.

There are many variables you could test outside of those three including:

  • Placements
  • Detailed Targeting Expansion (on or off)
  • The location the ads were directed to (collections, home page, product page).
  • Age
  • Copy
  • Headline

However, when you're testing you don't want to be testing for the sake of testing. We've wasted time + budget just by doing that

Out of all the tests we've done with this client we focused on testing creatives first –> audiences –> offers + other variables.

Working with lower data accounts or accounts that are new we'd prioritize testing audiences + creatives –> offers + other variables

  • But if your account is completely new, I'd worry about marketing fundamentals first before going all out with your Facebook Ads.

With the audiences, we found these to perform well:

  • Single Interest targeting (don't be scared to have audiences larger than 10M)
  • Broad targeting (no interest targeting at all)
  • Stacked Interests

With the stacked interests, it was combinations of the performing single interests and single interests we thought to group together without seeing their performance individually.

Does this mean LAA's are dead?

  • No, but they did perform pretty bad.
  • We had 2 PUR LAA's perform well for us, the 5 and 10%. This showed that larger audiences pretty much out performed everything.

With the creatives, we found images of models with the products performing well. We'd try UGC but with 162 collections and each collection having 20+ products, it was difficult to do so.

How did we scale?

Vertically scaled by 20%. The winning adsets were duplicated into a CBO and we increased the budget by 20% every day performance was within KPI. If it didn't perform well, we dropped back to previous performing budget

Another way was by implementing new creatives into the duplicated winning adsets.

How we maintained results for Retargeting Campaigns (MOF + BOF):

Pretty similar what we did for TOF, we had tested new audiences + creatives + offers.

We tested retargeting website data and on platform data (video views, people who engaged with any post or ad

This was our best performing retargeting audiences:

  • ATC in smaller time frames (3-7 days) excluding all purchases + view content.

The best performing creatives in our case were:

  • The ones that performed at TOF w/ no changes
  • The ones that performed at TOF w/ an offer

Takeaways

Always test out variables, but have constants when you're testing in order to know which variable truly made the difference.

If you need anything clarified, feel free to ask below

submitted by /u/ferdinandibarra
[link] [comments]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *