I started the project because I'm always looking for trends myself and thought that it would be an interesting programming challenge. I've been refining the script for a while now and slowly but steadily the results are becoming more interesting. So far I've "niched down" by focusing on tech trends, crypto trends, and e-commerce trends. Probably I'll have to niche down more a bit further down the road.
Here are a few interesting e-commerce trends the script dug up recently.
• Bedsure orthopedic is a dog bed (can be also used for cats) made of high-density memory foam that aims to evenly distribute pets’ weight, to provide maximum support and comfort.
• Bedsure specialises in bed-related products such as blankets and throws, mattress pads and protectors, and bed pillows and cushions. The e-commerce company also sells bedding accessories, as well as towels and bathrobes.
• Momcozy is an online store for mom care products such as nursing and pumping bras, breast pump, pregnancy pillow, pregnancy panties, baby white noise and baby wrap carriers. • Momcozy products are also being sold in Walmart and Amazon.
• The growth driver: Increase in infant population, high spending capacity of the people, rising number of women in the workforce and health concerns of consumers are key drivers to propel the market.
• The global baby care products market is valued at USD 64070 million in 2019. The market size will reach USD 88720 million by the end of 2026, growing at a CAGR of 4.7% during 2021-2026.
Ponzu sauce is a Japanese dipping sauce made from soy sauce or tamari, citrus juice, mirin, katsuobushi (bonito flakes), kombu (kelp), and rice vinegar.
• Interestingly, ponzu didn’t actually originate in Japan. It was said to be brought by the Dutch during the 17th century. “Pon” from the Dutch word for “punch” and “酢 (su)” is the Japanese word for vinegar.
• However, Ponzu is popularized by the Japanese as it is traditionally used as a dip for Japanese food such as shabu-shabu, soba or somen noodles, sashimi, and dumplings.
• Muddy Bites are mini waffle cones filled with chocolate.
• They market the snack as “the best part of sundae cones” and have more than 50,000 online order.
• Muddy Bites are distributed by an ecommerce company of the same name, which was founded by Jarod Steffes and Tyler DeVos in 2018 and originally started with a Kickstarter campaign that raised $15.989 from 427 backers.
My plan is to share the five most interesting finds together with some background information in a free weekly newsletter and offer full access to the trend signal database for a small fee. I've launched the project five months ago on Product Hunt and it's currently generating around $800 MRR:
There's certainly still some tweaking I need to do, so I'd love to hear if these kinds of trends are interesting. Also any ideas for interesting directions I could point the script would be awesome. I also have some prediction charts but I'm not sure how to share them here as no images and links are allowed.