In the near future we are launching an ecommerce platform, which is distributed free of charge. The platform is aimed to cover operations of Small/medium single store and run the website in the shortest time possible; it is targeted at teams and single developers and the goal is to provide the best experience for end-users of the platform who are usually entrepreneurs.
In a time when frameworks dominate site construction it could be quite strange to run another one PHP-based platform. The reason for this is that the new platform is inherited from a main enterprise level project. We thought that if core ecommerce processes are perfectly organised and packed in one solution it needs to be shared with a community.
Well, this could lead us to a blind zone where no one understands why we need another Woocommerce or OpenCart. Therefore I’d like to ask for a little help from those of you who create/operate or used to build websites using one of the free tools. Yep, it could look like an interview 🙂
Because of the Sub rules I don’t want this post to be promotional, but we could start a little discussion here;
Answers to following questions could help all of us to see what features any basic ecommerce tool needs in 2022:
- What are the recurring issues within development of ecommerce website you are facing?
- Solution of which problem was a time/resource consuming? Why?
- In the project you are working on, what problem has no solution yet?
- Did you choose the platform or was it a project requirement?
- If you are working on an e-store at the moment and it is created on a paid platform, what triggered you to choose the paid product?
Please drop even a short answer if you have something to say. And I appreciate anyone who is interested in a private interview (feel free to DM me) or in getting a new tool for testing. I will be happy to send a link when the version is ready.